What are the top 10 Facebook Engagement Scaling Secrets?
Are you wondering why you’re not getting comments and reactions on your postson Facebook?
Maybe you think your content is just no good!
What if I was to tell you that your content is great and it’s nothing to do with that?
Seriously, your content could actually be total crap and you could still get tons of comments on it.
As long as you know the secrets!
Well, these secrets, mostly.
Number one thing to understand
The first thing you need to understand about Facebook engagement is that they use the reciprocity law.
Just like in real life, when you go to a BBQ and show interest in people, ask them questions about them, they will show interest in you.
On the other hand, if you’re the one who just talks about yourself and what you are doing, no one wants to talk to you.
That’s called the reciprocity law, or the law of attraction.
Some even call it quantum physics.
It’s the law that says that you’ll get back what you do, among other things.
So Facebook, wanting to emulate human relationship behaviours, implemented that in their algorithms.
That means if you want people to like you stuff, you gotta like thiers.
Same goes for sharing stuff, reacting, friending or messaging.
How does that transate to the secrets?
Okay, so now that we know it’s about reciprocity we can just go crazy and do everything we want others to do, right?
Well, sure you could spend hours a day on Facebook and you’d get lots of engagements on your posts too.
I mean, let’s face it, that’s what Facebook wants, right?
The more time you spend on the platform, the more they reward you.
That’s one way to do it…
but who has that kind of time, especially if you’re building a personal brand or a business online trying to sell a course?
Not me, that’s for sure and I bet you don’t either.
What are the secrets?
Ok, let’s get to the secrets. Here’s the list:
- Spend 5-15 minutes a day commenting on other’s posts in the feed.
- Reply to every comment on your posts.
- Don’t just engage on the feed, go to friends profiles
- Join groups and spend 5-10 minutes a day reacting and answering questions in groups
- Go to 5-10 friend profiles and love last 2 posts
- Be consistent, patient and persistent. It takes time for reciprocity to kick in.
- Ask questions in your posts and comments.
- Make sure you enable follow button.
- Delete posts with little or no engagement.
- Send PM to 5 new people a day
- React and comment on your own posts too.
- Manage your friends. Remove and add 5-10 a day.
- Post to stories every day.
- Find busy post in your niche & engage on profiles of commenters.
- Make sure to post some personal stuff sometimes.
So I lied, I like to overdeliver, so that’s 15 secrets, not 10
What do all these have in common?
All these activities have the same goal: let Facebook know you are active
When Faceboo sees you are active, it will start to show your stuff to other people’s feed more.
This will cause you to get move views, reactions and comments.
Some say that’s not important and to some extend they are right, but building an audience on social media starts with creating content and with people seeing that content.
You’ll want to watch the video as I go more into depth on the secrets and give examples of what I mean.
If you’re interested, I also created a group to talk about engagement secrets at http://group.socialpromanager.com and I’m working a tool to help with engagement strategies on Facebook.
Make sure to share this post as well with your friends by clicking the social icons.